ACTion Alexandria is a community resource for everyone 18 years of age and older who lives and/or works in the City of Alexandria. We welcome a wide range of views, and support civil discourse. But we don’t like jerks, hate speech, or trolls. Civil disagreement is just fine. Hate speech, curses, being a bully or a jerk is not fine. We’re about giving Alexandrians an opportunity to share views, information and news and to connect around issues important to Alexandria. We welcome multiple viewpoints, but please play nice.
The opinions you read on this site are those of members of the ACTion Alexandria community, not necessarily those of ACTion Alexandria staff.
- ACTion Alexandria embraces the spirit of civil disagreement.
As a Web site devoted to creating an opportunity for all members of the community to share news and information, we agree to agree and to disagree-as strongly as need be-without crossing the boundaries into unacceptable content (see below).
- ACTion Alexandria declines to publish unacceptable content.
Everything published on the ACTIon Alexandria is content: Your posts, comments, forum messages, poll responses, audio, video, text, images, etc. We embrace your diversity of opinions and values (see above) but we insist that your content may not include anything unacceptable.
What is unacceptable to us:
- Being used to abuse, harass, stalk or threaten a person or persons
- Libelous, defamatory, knowingly false or misrepresents another person
- Infringes upon any copyright, trademark, trade secret or patent of any third party. (If you quote or excerpt someone's content, it is your responsibility to provide proper attribution to the original author. For a clear definition of proper attribution and fair use, please see The Electronic Frontier Foundation's Legal Guide for Bloggers at this URL: http://www.eff.org/bloggers/lg/.)
- Violates any obligation of confidentiality
- Violates the privacy, publicity, moral or any other right of any third party
- Contains editorial content that has been commissioned and paid for by a third party, (either cash or goods in barter), and/or contains paid advertising links and/or SPAM or "Stupid Pointless Annoying Messages." For ACTion Alexandria's purposes, we define SPAM as anything that qualifies as nonsense unrelated to the discussion, either in comments on a blog or in our forums. This nonsense may take classic forms (e.g., simple links to unrelated content that are often advertising or e-commerce), or more insidious forms.
ACTion Alexandria and staff define and determine what is unacceptable content on a case-by-case basis-and our definitions are not limited to this list. We reserve the right to change these standards at any time with no notice. We also reserve the right to remove links to any content at any time.
We welcome your help upholding these community guidelines. If you are concerned about any content you see on this site, we urge you to notify us. Thank you for working with us to create a positive community-centered environment on ACTion Alexandria.