The Green Ideas Challenge 2016
THANK YOU TO ALL WHO PARTICIPATED IN THE GREEN IDEAS CHALLENGE!
CONGRATULATIONS TO THE FOLLOWING WINNING IDEAS:
- Hands-on Wetland Experience and Action Day for Alexandria Students
- Kick the Habit: Jug and Water-Bottle Filling Stations for City Fields
- Butterfly-Pollinator Garden for Jefferson-Houston Pre K-8 School
- Free After School Tinker Time: Reuse Art Experiences for Alexandria's Youth
ABOUT THE GREEN IDEAS CHALLENGE:
Starting on Wednesday, June 1, ACTion Alexandria, an initiative of ACT for Alexandria, wants to hear your ideas for making Alexandria a greener, more sustainable place to live, work and visit! A total of $5,000, generously provided by The Dominion Foundation, will be awarded. Submitted ideas will be reviewed by a panel of judges, and the winning ideas will be awarded up to $2,000 each to be put into action!
WHAT: Your ideas for making Alexandria greener
WHEN: Submit your ideas from Wednesday, June 1 to Sunday, June 26. Then tell your friends to support your idea from Monday, June 27 to Friday, July 1. (The number of supports an idea receives is only one of the factors considered by the judging panel, and decisions will not be made solely based on supports.)
WHERE: Click on the Add Idea button below to submit your idea!
HOW: Submit your idea to be reviewed by a panel of judges. Winning ideas will receive up to $2,000 each to be put into action.
WHY: Together, we can make Alexandria an even better place to live, work and visit!
The best ideas will:
- Take $2,000 or less to implement
- Be implemented in Alexandria and be community or neighborhood focused
- Not require City resources to implement
- Be submitted by a nonprofit organization or include a nonprofit partner
- Special consideration will be given to ideas that target and/or incorporate youth
Please submit a two to three paragraph description of your idea, including the following:
- A description of the project, including location and resources needed
- The estimated cost of the project
- How long the project will take to be implemented
- Who the beneficiaries of the project will be
Questions? Call 703-739-7778 or email Kerrin Horning at firstname.lastname@example.org.
(Special thanks to Margaret Wohler, past green ideas award winner, for the above photos.)