How Do YOU Use Alexandria's Parks?
The City of Alexandria is kicking off a nine month outreach campaign to listen to what residents have to say about six of the City's parks. How do you use the parks? What do you like about the parks? What do you hope to see in the parks in the future?
These discussions will help guide the City's plans and decisions on how the parks evolve over time.
Parks they're discussing:
- Four Mile Run Park
- Simpson Stadium Park
- Chinquapin Park
- Hensley Park
- Holmes Run Park
- Ben Brenman/Armistead L. Boothe Parks
How can you get involved?
1. Send feedback! Visit the Citywide Park Planning page and provide feedback on how you “see” the park.
2. Beginning September 28, 2012, go to one of the parks and pick up a map at the park entrance. Marking up the map, show us how you use the Park and what improvements you hope to see. You can also print a map from the website.
- Four Mile Run Park: October 10 at 6:30 pm (COMPLETED), Cora Kelly Recreation Center, 25 W. Reed Ave.
- Simpson Stadium: October 17 at 6:30 pm, Mount Vernon Recreation Center, 2601 Commonwealth Ave.
- Chinquapin Park: October 24 at 6:30 pm, T.C. Williams High School (Rotunda), 3330 King St.
- Hensley Park: October 29 at 6:30 pm, Lee Center, 1108 Jefferson St.
- Holmes Run Park: November 7 at 6:30 pm, Samuel Tucker Elementary School, 435 Ferdinand Day Dr.
- Ben Brenman/Armistead L. Boothe Parks: November 14 at 6:30 pm, Samuel Tucker Elementary School, 435 Ferdinand Day Dr.
For additional information, contact Dana Wedeles, Park Planner, at 703.746.5491 or Dana.Wedeles@alexandriava.gov.