4MRMarket Report: "Get it While it Lasts!" Edition
The 2012 edition of the 4MRMarket season is wrapping up in just a few short weeks. 4MRMarket thanks you to all of their devoted supporters that have made it a great year. Now come on out to the market and stock up on fall favorites, including a huge selection of apples and squash. Also, fill your freezer with Stifler Farms beef to help you get through the off-season!
Mother nature is cooperating and Sunday should be a gorgeous weather day, with sun and highs in the upper 60s. Enjoy a glorious day out at Four Mile Run Farmers & Artisans Market.
In case you didn't catch it last week, 4MRMarket now offers seniors another great way to Buy Fresh, Buy Local. C&T Produce participates in the Senior Farmers Market Nutrition Program (SFMNP). Eligible seniors can use theses SFMNP to buy produce at C&T's stand at 4MRMarket every Sunday. Spread the word if you know anyone that might benefit.
Come out and enjoy the market this weekend, cool weather means time to put on a sweater and light jacket and embrace fall in the 4MRMarket Lounge. As always, they have their great supply of produce, meat, cheese, crafts, breads, breakfast treats, and more.
Here is who you'll find at 4MRMarket this week:
- Bread & Chocolate (Arlandria) - A range of baked goods.
- C & Produce (White Oak, VA) - A huge selection of locally grown produce from a locally, family-run farm in Stafford, Virginia.
- The Stifler Farm aka "What's For Dinner Now" - Farm-raised Black Angus beef, humanely raised on lush pasture fields of the Shenandoah Valley, naturally farmed pork...and now... Uncle Frank's Grilling Sauce!!
- St. Elmo's Coffee Pub (Del Ray) - Brewed coffee, tea, and a few extra goodies.
- No. 1 Sons (Arlandria) - Produces wild cultured foods by hand in Alexandria. This brother and sister team live in Arlandria and do not heat treat or use preservatives. They make pickles, sauerkraut, dilly beans, kim chi, beets, hot sauce and more that is "Proudly Cloudy".
- Tom's Amish Cheese Store (Lancaster, PA) - Artisan Cheese, yogurt and Pennsylvania honey.
- Baguette Republic (Sterling, VA) - A traditional artisan bakery producing a large variety of artisan breads, pastries and cookies using the best European techniques and tradition.
Crafts and Natural Health Supplies:
- Josi Essentials Organics (Centreville, VA) - A naturally effective, eco-friendly, line of handmade bath and body skin care goodies. Her products are made with bio-dynamic, natural botanical active ingredients.
- Whole Health Medical (Alexandria, VA) - Organic teas and body scrubs from one of the largest Message and Acupuncture Therapy businesses in Northern Virginia (approved by the Alexandria Health Department).