4MRMarket Report: "Falling for Fall Produce" Edition
Fall is here and the Four Mile Run Farmers & Artisans Market is in the homestretch. We have a great year of fantastic products and now we head into another season with more to offer.
With temperatures beginning to drop, it's a sure sign that fall is here. And with the fall weather, be on the lookout for all of your fall favorites: squash, beets, cabbage, hearty greens, and, of course, pumpkins! So climb out of bed and warm up with thoughts of roasted butternut squash or beets, braised greens, or whatever your fall favorite might be. If you haven't considered the great options, be sure to fall for fall produce!
Thanks to everyone that donated for the St. Rita's Annual Clothing Drive over the past 2 weeks. We had quite an impressive haul that will be handed out on Saturday, October 13th from the St. Rita School Hall to our neighbors in Arlandria.
And here's more great news. 4MRMarket now offers seniors another great way to Buy Fresh, Buy Local. C&T Produce participates in the Senior Farmers Market Nutrition Program (SFMNP). Eligible seniors can use theses SFMNP to buy produce at C&T's stand at 4MRMarket every Sunday.
Come out and enjoy the market this weekend, cool weather means time to put on a sweater and light jacket and embrace fall in the 4MRMarket Lounge. As always, we have our great supply of produce, meat, cheese, crafts, breakfast treats, and more.
Here is who you'll find at 4MRMarket this week:
- Bread & Chocolate (Arlandria) - A range of baked goods.
- C & Produce (White Oak, VA) - A huge selection of locally grown produce from a locally, family-run farm in Stafford, Virginia.
- The Stifler Farm aka "What's For Dinner Now" - Farm-raised Black Angus beef, humanely raised on lush pasture fields of the Shenandoah Valley, naturally farmed pork...and now... Uncle Frank's Grilling Sauce!!
- St. Elmo's Coffee Pub (Del Ray) - Brewed coffee, tea, and a few extra goodies.
- No. 1 Sons (Arlandria) - Produces wild cultured foods by hand in Alexandria. This brother and sister team live in Arlandria and do not heat treat or use preservatives. They make pickles, sauerkraut, dilly beans, kim chi, beets, hot sauce and more that is "Proudly Cloudy".
- Tom's Amish Cheese Store (Lancaster, PA) - Artisan Cheese, yogurt and Pennsylvania honey.
- Baguette Republic (Sterling, VA) - A traditional artisan bakery producing a large variety of artisan breads, pastries and cookies using the best European techniques and tradition.
Crafts and Natural Health Supplies:
- Swee Lo (found at the No. 1 Son's Tent) - Sterling silver jewelry handcrafted by Balinese artisans designed by Swee Lo.
- Josi Essentials Organics (Centreville, VA) - A naturally effective, eco-friendly, line of handmade bath and body skin care goodies. Her products are made with bio-dynamic, natural botanical active ingredients.
- Whole Health Medical (Alexandria, VA) - Organic teas and body scrubs from one of the largest Message and Acupuncture Therapy businesses in Northern Virginia (approved by the Alexandria Health Department).